“A Battle of ‘Royale’ Proportions”
Episode 17 of the Hunger Games Fireside Chat podcast airs live tonight (Monday), July 25, at 10pm ET/7pm PT! This week, our panel of experts includes some of our fabulous friends from Down with the Capitol and The Hob. We will also be joined by Crystal of Mockingjay.net and FictionalFood.net, Natalie of Crushable, Kim and Todd of Reflections of a Book Addict, noted photographer Rebekah, and Ariel of Madam Pince and the Librarians and Nerdy, Wordy, and Almost Thirty.Don't forget to tweet along with @FYeahD12 and everyone else by following the hashtag on twitter: #HGFiresideChat
And…at some point during the show…three lucky listeners will have a chance to win official Hunger Games mini-posters! (Please note that these are the collectible mini-posters given away at U.S. cinemas over the past weekend; they are not the large posters from Comic-Con.) You will need to follow us on Twitter or “like” us on Facebook to find out exactly how to win. Both U.S. and international residents are eligible. May the odds be ever in your favor!
- We’ll kick off the show with the latest Hunger Games-related news, including: post-Comic-Con reports from Arianna (Down with the Capitol) and Amanda (The Hob), info about the Unauthorized Guide to the Series by Lois Gresh, filming updates, and more
- At around 10:20 or so, we’ll chat with Megan from The Hob about their partnership with WhyHunger and what YOU can do to help
- We’ll also talk to Shylah from Down with the Capitol about her Hunger is NOT a Game initiative (if you haven’t yet heard about the severe drought in East Africa and the UN’s recent declaration of famine in Somalia, please read more about this tragic, real-life battle)
- At about 10:35, we’ll broach a topic that has long been a source of annoyance for most Hunger Games fans: those who claim that Suzanne Collins’ trilogy is a “rip-off” of the Japanese novel and film Battle Royale (we think these claims are ridiculous and will explain why)
- At 10:45, we’ll bring you another round of Crackpot Theories: Did rebels plan for Prim’s name to be drawn so that Katniss would volunteer? Were Cato and Clove in a relationship?
CLICK HERE TO LISTEN!